Monday, November 16, 2009

Day +100

Day +100 is finally here. We didn't think we would be home before now, but we have been home and back to Minnesota. God is good!! We finished up testing today and we are leaving in the morning and should be home by Tuesday evening. All went well today with the cardiologist and with Dr. Orchard. Rachel had an echocardiogram and ultrasound of her liver an gall bladder. Everything turned out fine. So glad the high ALT's and jaundice issues are medicine related and no gall stones or graft vs. host issues. The clinic was very busy today and the nurse said Monday's they have lots of new patients coming in for their work ups. I guess I already knew this, but it really made an impression on me today as I looked around the room and saw so many looking at their "work up week schedule". I am so thankful that we are now at day 100. Over all Rachel has done very well and we are so very thankful. Dr. Orchard said that we can go to once a week clinic when we get back home so that is an improvement also. Rachel has decided at this point to keep her central line in place until we see how the next few months go. Since she still needs blood about every 3 weeks and will be going to clinic once a week for labs.. having the line in will just make all of that easier.
I forgot to mention that last week physical therapy came on Thursday and Rachel walked 6 times around the kitchen with her walker!!!!! We were excited as it has been since the beginning of September since she used the walker. Today her mobility isn't very good, but we are still encouraged and hoping that she will eventually be able to use her walker instead of the wheelchair.
I had thought that by day +100 the journey would be over, but I feel like we are still waiting to see what the outcome of Rachel's mobility will be and we may not know until February or March how that will turn out. This blog has been a blessing to me during this journey. It started out as a way to keep people informed, but has also been a way for me to get word out so that prayers could be said for whatever was going on with Rachel. I do intend to keep up the blog for a bit longer ...until Feb. clinic visit...Thanks to all of you who have encouraged, prayed and supported us in various ways. Please feel free to continue to keep up with Rachel as we continue in this journey.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the tests all came out well. I will continue to pray that Rachel's mobility will be improved, and that the Lord will renew her strength and spirit each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You all are in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete